Notes from 3 Day Life Make Over by T Harvey Eker.
- You have to create a great life. Most people don’t learn how to live intentionally.
- We don’t learn how to intentionally design and create the lives that we want.
- How can we change in 3 days?
- Use the power of trajectory. Tiny shift now will create huge change later.
- The most dangerous words “I know that”.
- How you do everything is how you do anything.
Here are the 8-step formula.
1. What do you really want?
- Don’t based it on what others or what society think.
- Choose only one you can give 100% focus.
- Every part of your life affects the other parts of your life.
- Eg: I want the freedom to choose with high leverage, with many options without feeling rush.
2. Why do you want this?
- Knowing your why will give you the right reason, emotion, motivation and energy.
- Don’t say you are too old. It brings negative energy and unnecessary stress.
3. Why has it worked?
- Must address why you don’t have it. Solve problem that isn’t, solve problem that is!
- Make sure it’s about you, not about someone else.
- Don’t try. Only do and make it work. Figure it out.
- Do what’s hard and life will become easier.
4. Come up with new strategy.
- If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always got.
- Focus so the energy becomes stronger, not scattered.
- You can control yourself. You cannot control how others act or react.
5. Take the first action
- Most people fail to act.
- They think a lot more than they do.
- Must success in physical world, not a mental world
- Think less. Do more. More steps in the right direction is worth 100 years of thinking about it.
- Find the simplest action.
- Go for doable over interesting.
- Set up yourself for easy wins.
- It doesn’t matter what happen, but your reaction matters.
- If you feel good about yourself, you boost your confidence.
- Confidence means to trust yourself.
- Momentum gives power to manifest.
- Take certain actions that move you closer to your goals unreservedly.
- Order from lowest to highest: Thinking -> Writing -> Talking -> Committing
- Integrity: You do what you said you would do just because you said you want to do it.
- Keeping your word is the most important characteristics of a successful person.
- Successful people keep their commitment no matter what.
- Success happens if you take your actions + commitments
7. Reward yourself.
- Positive reinforcement.
- Reward the habit that you want.